Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Approaching 9 Months

Tomorrow, Wednesday will put me at 35 weeks which means I'm one week short of 9 months already. Crazy how time flies. I had my OB appt yesterday and my sono today. Jay had some time to use or lose at work before he takes his "maternity" leave so he was able to join me at both this week. He usually can only make one appt since it's been back to back days the last couple weeks.
I've put him up to a little work around the house during his days off. Since we had the paint supplies out for the baby's room, we bought paint for the hall bathroom so that's now painted. We didn't paint it from the beginning because it was a bathroom not used but now I have the Whale baby tub in there so I figured it's not like we are moving anytime soon...I might as well use the bathroom. I'd also like to do our bedroom too since we bought paint two years ago for it and never got around to doing it. It's almost time to change our decor in the bedroom and we are just getting around to painting! ha! Truly though the problem with our bedroom is the furniture is too heavy for me to help Jay move it away from the wall so we need a second male. It would have been painted a long time ago if I was able to move the furniture.
But anyway, back to the appt. Yesterday's OB appt was the usual... weight, blood pressure, heartbeat check, measurement of the belly... all within normal limits which is great. When I started some swelling I started flipping myself out over my blood pressure. It's still remains my norm.. which is low. I talked to the doc about induction based off Dr. A's thoughts so I have another appt. next Monday to make sure everything remains good with me and check my cervix and see if it's "favorable" for induction. That was pretty much it. Today's sono was good. Everything is stable and the same except her "chunkyness" as Aunt Jennie called it. Per the sono machine and Jen's measurements, she is weighing in about 6 pounds 11 ounces. I find it REALLY hard to believe. I'm estimating a little bit smaller than that, lol. She just can't be that big already but I know it's a good sign since I will be getting induced before 40 weeks. However, I do feel the heaviness in my belly that's now getting bigger. My numbness has moved along my right side now which is probably because she is getting so big and pulling down. We located her foot which is under the right side of my rib cage that continues to get kicked. It's a feeling I just haven't learned to love. It's getting very tight in there with her being so big. I just wonder when it'll be not enough room, lol. At the end of the sono, the doc came in and we discussed a little bit about induction and 36 weeks. He said it's based off my cervix and if it's "favorable" for induction. If it hasn't started to get shorter then labor would be really rough. Since things are stable there is not a hugh rush to even go through all that. I guess basically it's still a waiting game until Monday's appt. I'm happy we *might* not be looking at 36 weeks because I'd like her to be as well developed as possible before coming out but I also wanted to avoid being so close to Christmas and the possibility of not being able to take her home. I'm going to email the neurosurg again for some better information about taking her early and the plan after delivery. It's getting close and I feel completely lost in what will be happening.
That was about it for both my appt. this week. I've washed a lot of blankets, towels, wash clothes, some clothes, socks, and packed the diaper bag in case we can take her home right away. The room is pretty much together. We have done lots of exchanges and buying and seem to be well prepared and just waiting. I'm going through the nesting phase in rapid motion. I don't even seem to stop because there is always things to do... I think next on my list is ripping up calking in the foyer and replacing it. It's starting to split and look a mess. And the bedroom needs painted.. maybe this weekend, lol, lots to do! =)
Like I said earlier, my next OB appt. is next Monday. I'll update afterwards.

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely say you are in the nesting stage...unless you always are so busy making the house ready as if it was for a showing. :)

    Cayman had her foot under my right rib cage also. Not a very comfortable place for the mama. I can empathize with that.

    I would feel a little nervous too about delivering at 36 weeks. My thoughts are it's best for the baby to be full term (starting at week 37), but I imagine the doctors know what they are doing.

    But it's getting close to that wonderful day when you get to hold her!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it sounds like you are nesting! I did the same thing! I delivered at 37.5 weeks and Bryleigh got a 10 on both her apgar tests. You are getting so close. Such an exciting time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby room and the blog. Haven't had time to check on your blog until now. Good luck and I hope for a quick, painless labor for you. Just think if I did it once all natural and once via c-section, you will be fine. We all know I have no tolerance for pain. Wishing you and Jay the best and keeping you all in my prayers! Hoping to see "Baby" soon!

    ReplyDelete