Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Baby's Room

Yes, I'm still calling her Baby! It's her name for right now. I don't even want to say again that we don't have a name but we don't. With about 2 to 2.5 weeks to go it won't be long until we don't have much of a choice anymore. She'll eventually get a name even if it's once she comes out. She likes "baby" though! hehe!
Just to update... I did get an email back from the neurosurg who said delivery would be good about 36 weeks. I turn 36 weeks on December 9th. That's two weeks away from tomorrow, Nov. 26th. That's really close for those don't realize it! Very, very close. I hope she continues to pick up weight nicely so she'll be a nice weight when she comes out. He said he is fine with whichever delivery method the OBs feels comfortable with since her head remains below 40 weeks. That was a plus. I'd like to try vaginally before going for a c-section but I guess we'll see. After realizing it's so close, I'd like to push for 38 weeks but I don't get a say in this matter unfortunately. But at times when my skin doesn't feel like it'll stretch anymore, my ankles are now swelling and I can't hardly sleep for longer than a couple hours, I say...maybe 36 weeks isn't THAT bad, lol. I've finally developed some swelling. I guess I've been rather lucky to just pick it up about 8.5 months along. My ankles get swollen at the end of the day. My face was a little swollen over the weekend after laying in bed for a very long time. It was so nice though because I know those days are coming to an end. My fingers still remain fine which is great.


I wanted to post some pictures of her room. We finally had Stacie finish up.. or at least finish up for now. The picture to the left is above the closet and it has lady bugs across the top. They are super cute and my favorite design in the bedroom.


This picture is the wall with the window (obviously). We painted a shelf and hung it. Stacie painted three flowers above it to match the quilt/bedding. I thought it might look like a flower box. Either way, it's cute, lol. Two more little lady bugs opposite colors are above the window. I've been going back and forth about a valance. I just can't decide.



This next picture is the other side of that wall where the glider goes. Above the glider we found the cutest saying "Some people dream of Angels I hold one in my arms." How cute is that?? I thought it worked perfectly on that wall since we didn't have much to go there.. and it's right above the glider too.



Aunt Jennie bought us this cute saying picture. I hung it above the door. It didn't quite match colors but I had to put it somewhere. Above the door fit perfectly. It says " Life is not a matter of milestones, but of Moments." Considering we have no idea what we are dealing with, I thought it fit us perfectly.



This is a picture of the two butterflies above the crib. I want to put her name rounded above the crib. We have to figure that name out before I can get the letters. Originally i wanted it painted but me and Stacie both realized semi-gloss on semi-gloss isn't the best combo so I'm going to just buy letters. I wanted to be a little more creative since the rest of the room is painted but it looks like store-bought letters it is. They will be white and I'm going to leave them plain white unless they don't stand out enough.

So there you have it.. the room still needs a little work. A couple spots still look bare but I've bugged Stacie enough two weeks in a row. I told her she could have a break and when she comes to see baby, she can throw a couple more butterflies on the wall to fill in bare spots. The Cox family would like to give a great big THANKS to her though for coming two weeks in a row to work on the room.
I have to get the mobile together for the crib. I washed two loads of sheets, blankets, socks, onesies, a couple outfits, receiving blankets, lap pads, bibs, and sleeper to get ready. We have a lot of clothes so I will only take tags off as we go just in case she won't get to wear all of them. I rather exchange for large sizes to get some use out of them.
Today I had a surprise shower given by my co-workers. It was very nice. I was very surprised. I didn't even suspect a thing, see anything suspicious in the morning or anything! Although I walked in on it about 3-5 minutes too early, it still was a shock, haha. We received a Babies R Us gift card that will be put to good use for the odds and ends we still need and diapers and more diapers!!! =)
I'll post again on Tuesday evening to update on my OB appt. and next sono appt. That'll put us 1 day away from 35 weeks. Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving and good luck in the shopping crowds. I haven't decided if I even feel like venturing out but I know one thing... it won't be at 5 am.
Also, the Kennedy Krieger Festival of Trees is taking place at the fairgrounds and it's very nice event for children and even adults. Visit Friday, Sat or Sunday and support the Institute. We'll be there bright and early on Saturday morning for the Employee Appreciation Event with Jay's parents and niece.










































3 comments:

  1. I love the lady bugs!! sooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I cannot believe she is almost here! Bry talked to Jay yesterday and I asked him for an update. When he said 2 weeks I was like, holy crap! I'm excited to see little Ms. Chubby Cheeks. Maybe that's what you should name her!

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is too adorable!!!!
    from babycenter :)

    ReplyDelete