Wednesday, February 10, 2010

6 weeks old and Snowed In!

Here are some recent pics of the lil peanut. She is growing like a weed and loves to eat...all the time. Daddy is currently feeding her again which is only 2 hours and 25 minutes later after her other bottle. I'm starting to wean the breastfeeding. I decided I gave it "my all" and I'm on the downhill slope. It'll probably be about 8 weeks/2 months worth of breastfeeding so that is better than nothing. The weaning stuff is very tricky because you have to time it perfect almost everyday. I was doing a pretty good job then I thought maybe I wouldn't stop just yet... so I got off schedule and started nursing again but now I'm back to thinking I should just wean once and for all! If you know me, you know I can't make a decision to save my life, ugh.
Jadyn is doing well. Still continues to do everything she is supposed to do... working on head control and she is doing great with that. She stays awake more these days and has been socially smiling for about 2 weeks now. I included a picture of that smile. It's just so darn cute.
I had my 6 week OB check up yesterday that went well. I said my final goodbyes to the office docs, nurses and assistants for at least 3 years or more, lol.
If anyone has been watching the news, you'll know we are completely snowed-in in Baltimore. It's really insane the amount of snow we have had in the past week. My aunt from Ga. came to visit us last Thursday and ended up spending another day because of the airport being shut down. That was great for us. The airport opened up just in time for her to fly back out and it's laying another foot to two feet of snow right now. The wind is fierce and I am praying out deck doesn't collapse because it's packed full of snow.
Our peds neurosurg follow up appointment was pushed back to next Tuesday so we will be going for a head ultrasound and then neurosurg appt. at Johns Hopkins next Tuesday morning. Fingers crossed and prayers that things continue to look good and are stable. I haven't measured her head but it doesn't look like any pressure has increased. Her fontanel remains normal.
Around the house we are slowing doing a couple odds and ends. We found a guy to tile our foyer. I must say it looks very nice. I'm glad we decided to do it. I was second guessing our decision because it was a little bit more expensive than I thought but we did it anyway. I just didn't want to spend a ton on a foyer we don't even see that much. Next on the list is carpet on the main floor and eventually a new kitchen floor. Jay goes back to work in 2 weeks from today. This snow has really messed up our "to do" plans but we'll have to get it all done before he goes back to work.
By the looks of it, we'll probably be locked in the house again tomorrow but that's okay. I'm trying to get some things done around here as well but I sure can waste a whole day doing nothing. Actually, I can waste more than 1 day doing nothing. =)
Jadyn is currently crying for more to eat so Jay had to give her a couple more ounces. Sometimes 4 oz does the trick but sometimes it doesn't. The other evening she sucked down 6 ounces and seemed like she couldn't have taken more.
That's about all that is going on in our world right now. I'll post next Tuesday or Wednesday about our appointment. Enjoy the new pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment