Saturday, October 31, 2009

Home from Vacation

We returned from vacation yesterday (Friday) back to the lovely clouds and chills of Baltimore. Although I was ready to get home as we had a packed weekend head of us, I certainly didn't want to leave the weather. It was a little hotter (some days) than I would have liked but it was still better than this! Overall the weather was great and we both got a little tan to carry us for a month or so before winter begins. Key West was having their annual Fantasy Fest and boy was it a sight. Quite the craziness going on down there for 10 days around Halloween. It was great entertainment as we didn't have too much to do except relax. I'm glad Jay found himself amused so I hope it made up for the times I made him sit at the pool or beach, lol.

We had a Halloween party last night at Missi and Ryan's house. They have started hosting an annual Halloween Party and it was a fun time even though we didn't get to partake in adult beverages. We got home at 2 a.m. and it was pretty much the latest I had been out and up in a very, very long time. Probably Jay too. I looked down at my phone at 1:20 a.m. and thought I have to get out of here. It's past my bed time. How times have changed and I don't even have a child yet, lol. Our costumes weren't anything crazy or great but cheap and good enough, lol. We were a little mix of ghetto/gangster white folks. We didn't get the best picture as I had a baby prop I carried for awhile too dressed in our actual babies clothes. Jay actually fit the part too well, lol. He seemed to be a natural, hehe. As for me, I busted out the gold jewelry and the all time favorite "Golden Names" gold "CASEY" charm along with my herring bone necklace, pack of cigs on my bra strap (since pregnancy and cigs go well together), a mini jean skirt that didn't button around my belly, a black bra with a lovely "wife beater" tank and a little extra heavy eye liner complete with Nike tennis shoes. I had a couple fake tattoos too. Jay had a tat on his neck of a skull, big bling fake diamond earrings, white tshirt, do-rag under his cap, jean shorts down low, high white socks paired with camel colored Timberland's. He also had a big puffy black vest but he was too hot to wear it.

As for baby, we discussed names on vacation and have two to choose from. I hate making decisions of any kind and this is a serious one too! I wish she came out of the womb with a name around her neck or they assigned her a name at the hospital (within reason, lol). We'll decide soon! Her furniture is in so today we'll pick that up. We also visited Home Depot for paint. Jay thinks he'll get that done this weekend but we'll see. We got a couple outfits while on vacation that were on clearance. I love cheap stuff! =)

I hit 30 weeks on our 3 year anniversary, Oct. 28th. I think it's safe to say I've finally popped and now starting the uncomfortable stage. Sleeping and positioning is now becoming an issue. I also developed this numbness that comes and goes on my left side, top of the abdomen. I read it's pretty common in a lot of other ladies out there in the internet world. Most docs say (I've read) it's from stretching of the nerves, compression inside, etc... Either way, it's really annoying. It's usually relieved by sitting completely upright for awhile for the feeling to come back to normal. I can't really complain too much as I've had it physically rather easy up until now.
I got my H1N1 shot. I just took the leap of faith and so far so good! It's been two weeks and I'm still alive, lol. I knew it was the best thing for me, paired with my seasonal flu vaccine too. Now I'm on the watch for sick people around me. I've got my hand sanitizer with me at all times! I'm paranoid about catching it because I don't want to personally find out the effects of H1N1-influenza A on a pregnant woman. Plus, with the baby being too young for all those vaccines when she comes (flu/H1N1), this was the best way to protect her too. I can at least pass along my antibodies.
Our next OB appt. is this Monday and follow up sono again on Tuesday. It'll be two weeks since the last so fingers crossed and prayers being said, we'll continue to stay stable. Although in my weekly email update I get (for 30 weeks), it did say this was a time of brain growth where it gets that wavy look to it so I hope with the extra fluid and growth, her head doesn't make a big jump but obviously we need that growth! I guess we'll see on Tuesday but I can still worry in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment